CLASSIC SPANISH DISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RICE.
The Paella 🥘 is one of the most popular rice dish delicacy from Spain 🇪🇸. It is considered and believed as national dish of Spain as well their identifying symbols in Spanish cuisine all over the world. Paella gets its name from the wide flat shallow traditional pan used to cook the dish on an open fire with orange and pine wood fire that imparts flavours into Paella dish .
The word Paella originally means “ Frying Pan “ in Valencia’s regional language. The Paella pan is made out of polished or coated steel with two side handles. As a dish it may have associated with Spanish ancient roots , but in it’s modern form , it is traveled back to the mid -19th century, in the village area around the Albufera lagoon adjacent to the city of Valencia on the east coast of Spain. Hence the root origin place this yummy and delicious Paella rice dish is the Valencia region of Spain .
Spanish Paella 🥘 “ Symbolises “ the union and heritage of two important cultures, the Roman, which gives us the Utensils Paella and the Arab which brought us the basic food as Paella Rice in Spanish food cuisine and cultures .
The correct pronunciation of Paella is “ Pa-e-Ya “ with the “e” as in “met “ considered as one of most delicious as well as healthy nutritional rice dish preparation from east coastal regions Valencia of Spain , which is almost liked by every food lover and connoisseur in today’s modern cuisine world.
The basic cooking methods of Spanish Paella is cooked over on an open fire , by using orange and pine branches along with the pines cones. This infused and imparts an aromatic natural smoke into Paella rice dish . As well as traditional ways of eating Paella is directly from the pan instead of serving in plates. But as the time goes on , in the today’s fast modern days the cooking methods of Paella been changed a lot and it to be cooked covered and left to settle Paella cooked rice for 5-10 minutes after cooking done on modern kitchen burner.
- Aioli Sauce: It is prepared with garlic and olive oil , green olives .
- Garlic infused and flavoured Shrimp 🍤.
- Green Olives
- Roasted Salted Almonds.
- Spanish cheese Cabrales , Manche Mahon and Lberuco.
- Sliced warm Baguette 🥖 breads.
- Thinly sliced roasted Serrano ham and Prosciutto.
- Roasted red peppers drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sherry wine vinegar
- White wine such as Chardonnay and Chablis as well chilled Rose wine .
- Green salad with sliced onion and tomatoes vinaigrette.
- Caesar salad is the best accompaniments with Spanish Paella since their flavours blends well . Caesar salad gives a very fresh flavours that goes well with meaty flavours of Paella rice .
- Green banana chips and fried pimentos.
- Lemon wedges and Rosemary leaves.
SERVING: 4 GUEST
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED FOR SEAFOOD PAELLA 🥘.
- Extra virgin olive oil : 5 tablespoons | 1 Large yellow onion, finally chopped | 2 Cloves garlic, finally chopped | 2 Tomatoes, peeled and chopped.
- 1/2 tea spoon sugar | Salt to taste | 1 Tea spoon sweet paprika | 1 gm Saffron.
- 6 small cleaned Squad , cut into rings | 6 Lobster tails | 12 Jumbo pink shrimp 🍤 , peeled and deveined | 16 Mussels scrubbed | 400 gm sliced chicken sausage.
- 3 Cups Paella rice - Bomba or Risotto rice Arborio | Approx 3 Cups fish or chicken stock | 1 Cup dry white wine
- Lemon Wedges 6 pcs | Rosemary leaves.
- In a Paella pan or large cast iron skillet pan or 12 inches non - stick skillet, add extra virgin olive oil and fry chopped onion until it becomes soft .
- Add chopped garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes , sugar , salt . Paprika and saffron and stir well . Let it cook until the tomatoes are thickened and reduced.
- Add the Squad and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add Paella rice and stir well to coat the rice grains
- In the meantime, in a sauce pan mix the fish stock and white wine and bring to a boil once again. Add more salt if needed.
- Spread the Paella rice equally in the Pan or skillet and from now onwards don’t stir it anymore.
- Cook over medium - low heat for 25 minutes, move and rotate the pan or Skillet, so that Paella rice get equally.
- After about 15 minutes lay the shrimp 🍤 on top of rice and cook until they become pink on both side
- If the Paella rice looks dry add more fish stock
- Turn off the heat and covered the pan or skillet with silver foil on top and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separately steam the mussels by adding 3 cups of water and mussels in a pot . Cover and when mussels opens , they are done .
- Finally remove the silver foil and arrange the cooked mussels and lemon wedges along with rosemary leaves on top of the rice .
- Garnish with parsley leaves , olive and serve it hot with various accompaniments