HEALTHY LEAFY GREENS KALE | RICH IN VITAMINS AND MINERALS.
The Kale leafy greens is one of the healthiest leafy vegetables which comes from the leafy cabbage family greens vegetables; it is an edible; quite tough and crunchy leafy greens in dark green or purple colour. Kale plants with dark green and purple leaves and its central leaves don’t form head as with round headed cabbage.
Kale is classified to be close to wild cabbage than most of the many domesticated types of leafy greens from the species of Brassicas Oleracea.
This is one of the oldest edible healthy leafy vegetables originated in the eastern Mediterranean and Asian region before 2000 B.C. It is also used as beautiful ornamental leaves in many cuisine as well as in decoration.
Kale leaves are mostly curly in shape and its plant grown from the seeds with wide range of germination temperature climate. It’s plant cultivation is hard and thrives in temperature as low as -15 degree Celsius, hence it’s natural quality of kale plant that it becomes sweeter in taste after a heavy frosty weather.
TYPES OF KALE :
The basic classification of this healthy green vegetables is determined by its leafy varieties.
- Curly Leaf Kale , which is also known as Scots Kale and Blue curled Kale.
- Bumpy Kale also considered as black cabbage or popularly Tuscan Kale , Lacinato and dinosaur Kale.
- Plain Leafy Kale with just plain flat wide leaves with red purple colour, known as Red and White Russian Kale , which is bit sweeter in taste.
- Feathered Kale , it’s a cross between curly Kale and Plain Kale varieties.
- Ornamental Kale which is less edible and palatable with very tough leaves in it with white and lavender colour.
- It’s high in iron minerals and vitamin K that helps in blood formation and purifier as well as smooth healthy supply of blood in entire body.
- Lower in fat content and rich in antioxidants properties due to high presence of vitamin C in it , that’s healthy for diabetics and cancer diseases as well as low cholesterol level.
- Great greens vegetables for detoxification of human body.
- Aid with digestion and hydrates body due to approx 84% water content in 100 gram of Kale leaves.
- Rich in vitamin A, C , E , K and beta - carotene.
- Good healthy food ingredients for anti -inflammation.
- Increases body’s metabolism and boost up immune system.
- Prevents heart diseases and cancer cells.
- Due to it’s detoxification quality helps in liver function.
- Perfect crunchy and crispy leafy greens for weight loss.
- Lowers cholesterol level in body.
- Green leafy vegetables are good sources of dietary fibre that is good for digestion and bowel function.
- Packed with phytonutrients and high in protein.
- Good for brain and mind health due to rich content of various healthy minerals in it as iron , calcium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, riboflavin, folic acid etc.
- Great leafy greens for building and strengthen bones and muscles.
- A perfect leafy greens for improving eye vision due its dark green colour leaves.
- Kale leaves provides more calories than beef meat per 100 gram serving.
- More calcium providers than milk in per one kg Kale leaves.
- It contains 10% more vitamin C than spinach.
- Very low in calories, fat , carbohydrates that’s makes this healthy greens suitable for weight loss.