HEALTHY DELICIOUS DAL MAKHNI | HOW IT WAS DISCOVERED IN INDIA 🇮🇳
THE DAL MAKHNI which is also known as Maa Ki Dal and Makhni Dal in India and all over the world. This is one of the old traditional favourite ,staple food of every Indian people and a very common food name in every household of Indian family. In addition Dal Bukhara is the most developed and superior version of traditional dal makhni in this modern era for every food lovers and connoisseur.
It is so popular healthy and delicious rich creamy food that you can find on every food menu in India since it’s taste and flavours completely matches with Indian taste buds and palate and a perfect pairs with Indian breads such as butter naan , roti , parantha as well with boiled steamed rice and pulao.
It’s correct and traditional common word is daal makh -nee ,which is basically one healthy yet heavy buttery and creamy black lentils.
- Whole Urad Dal 250 gm , Rajma 50 gm, Onion 1 big size , Tomato 1 big size.
- Tomato Purée 50 gram , Ginger Paste 10 gram , Garlic Paste 10 gram , Finely Chopped Green Chilli 10 gram .
- Mixed Indian Spices Powder 10 gram , Red Chilli Powder 5 gram .
- Turmeric 5 gram, Bay Leaf 3-4 , Cumin Seeds 5 gram, Salt to taste, Coriander Leaves 50 gram.
- Refined Oil 30 ml , Butter 50 gram , Fresh Cream 50 ml . Vegetables Stock 800 ml - Should flavoured with whole garam masala.
- Clean and soaked whole urad dal and rajma at least for 5 hours for better taste .
- Heat oil add bay leaf , chopped green chilli, ginger and garlic paste with chopped onion and few chopped ginger.
- Add on Spices powder and cumin seeds, turmeric powder and stir fry gently for 10 minutes on slow fires.
- Add finely chopped tomato and tomato purée as well add half quantity of butter
- Stir fry well and then add soaked rajma and keep on sauté for 5 minutes
- Finally add soaked urad dal and add flavoured vegetables stock for boiling and cooking dal .
- Let it keep on boiling at least for max 2 hours on slow fires.
- Add rest butter and cream in it . Mis it well to get creamy silky texture.
- Use chopped coriander leaves and julienne of ginger as garnish.
- Final touch with spooning melted butter on top of cooked dal makhni and add fresh cream .
- Serve to your guest hot creamy healthy dal makhni with tandoori breads or kitchen homemade tawa parantha and lachha parantha even goes well with plain steamed rice and pulao .